Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Missing in my life: bakery exploration

It's been weeks since I've visited a new bakery to try their Sugar Lovin goodies.  Although I'm not having sugar withdrawals given the massive amount of recipe testing that's been taking place at home and at work in the past month, I miss trying new things at new places.

On my list for Pittsburgh this coming month? 

1. La Gourmandine
2. Oakmont Bakery
3. Nancy B's
4. Simmons Farm and/or Trax Farms

But for now, I'll just have to dream of the incredible pastries as my busy month gears up.  My next two posts explore the richest, most disgustingly indulgent cream pie I've ever made and a rum banana chocolate bread pudding. 

Then, as we head into a sweet October, we'll have to start talking about apples and perhaps take a turn or two on spiced apple cider- perhaps my favorite drink of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment